Get 6 Passionfruit
Prepare 1/4 cup Sugar
Take 4 Egg Yolks
Make ready 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Get 125 g Butter (cubed)
1. Combine the Passionfruit pulp and sugar in a pot, and heat on a low heat
2. In another bowl, combine the egg yolks and lemon juice. Whisk until slightly thickened
3. Take the Passionfruit mix off the stove and drizzle it into the egg mixture, while continuing to whisk it.
4. Once mixed together put it all back into the saucepan and return it to a low heat. Continue to whisk it while you add the cubed butter, one cube at a time. The slowly heating curd will melt the butter.
5. Now comes the hard work. You’re going to have to keep whisking this for around 15 minutes. Keep the heat low otherwise you’ll end up splitting the curd. The whisking will turn the mix into an emulsification
6. Once it’s emulsified into a nice thick curd, remove it from the heat and pop it into a jar for chilling. Try to do a better job than I did of that. It so delicious that you’ll also want to lick the saucepan clean.