1/4 cup whole milk
1.5 tsp unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (at least 33% fat content)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
1 cups sour cream
1/2 cup passion fruit puree without seeds
- In a saucepan sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp of unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup of whole milk, stir and allow to bloom for 2-3 minutes. Then, heat gently and keep stirring until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream and heat once again just until steaming. Do not boil
- Next, add 2/3 cups sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Now, slowly pour 1 cup of cold cream into the hot gelatin mixture while continuously whisking.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla emulsion (it will have vanilla beans) and 1 cup of sour cream and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Lastly, add 2/3 cup passion fruit juice or puree. Whisk everything until it’s well combined.
- For mini portions, use 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour the passion fruit panna cotta into mini cups. For regular portions use regular wine glasses and add 1/2 cup of panna cotta mixture into each glass.
- This recipe should give you about 12 mini cups or 6 regular 1/2 cup portions.
- Refrigerate for several hours or until set.