150 g of butter softened
220 g of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of thick Greek yoghurt
300 g of self raising flour sifted
passion fruit syrup
1 cup of passionfruit pulp
125 ml of water
110 g of caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 Fahrenheit) and lightly grease a 24cm bundt tin.
- To make the passionfruit syrup, combine the passionfruit pulp, water and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside while you make the cake.
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add the yoghurt and beat well before switching the mixer to it’s lowest speed and combining the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared bundt tin and bake for 35 minutes, or until tested with a skewer.
- Remove the cake from the tin and pierce all over with a cake skewer while still hot before drizzling the syrup all over.