- 4 Saint Peters (tilapia) fillets (100-150 g / 3-5 oz each)
- 500 ml (1 pint) strained passion fruit pulp or juice
- 1 tbsp passion fruit seeds
- 40 ml (1.5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 80 g (3 oz) butter, diced
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- ½ lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the strained passion fruit pulp or juice, white wine and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce until slightly syrupy.
- Over low heat, add the butter cubes to the pan, one at a time, stirring constantly. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste and, right before serving, stir in the passion fruit seeds.
- Season the fish fillets with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook them on a very hot griddle with a drizzle of olive oil, on both sides. Serve immediately, with the passion fruit sauce.